Want a taste of hot air balloon flight? Tethered balloon rides give you the chance to sample the experience of a hot air balloon flight. The balloon is anchored to the ground limiting the rides to 30 to 40 feet off the ground. Like all balloon flights, tethered rides are conducted wind and weather permitting.
What To Know About Tethered Balloon Rides:
- Do NOT RIDE if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- The total number of people we'll be able to provide tethered rides to is dependent upon - weather, wind, and the number of balloons available. All of these factors may change and are beyond control of the festival's volunteers.
- Tethered rides normally last 3 to 4 minutes.
- No Advanced ticket sales. Cash only.
- Rides are available first come = first served.
- Children under 42" tall may not ride without a parent or guardian.
- Sometimes small children may be frightened by the balloon heaters, so little ones might not enjoy the experience.
- There are a limited number of rides available for each session. We expect demand to be high, so plan to arrive early. No one is guaranteed a tethered ride and operations may stop based upon safety concerns of each individual pilot.
- Participants should be in generally good physical condition. Passengers must have the ability to climb over side of the basket since they are not equipped with doors. Some baskets with higher sides have step holes to help you get in and out.
- Rides are not recommended for anyone who has had recent surgery, or have a medical condition that leaves them in a weakened state.
- Passenger weight is limited to approximately 275 lbs. per person
- Wear comfortable shoes, you might have to walk several hundred feet to the balloon.
- Typically balloons can carry 2 to 3 people at a time. Larger groups of riders will likely be split up over multiple lifts or balloons.
Tethered Balloon Rides
Price Per Ride
A portion of proceeds from tethered rides benefit the year round outreach programs of
Project Uplift USA
All passengers are required to sign a
Release & Waiver of Liability
Passengers under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver
on their behalf.